Recipe courtesy of the Mushroom Council.
8 ounces fresh white mushrooms, sliced (about 3 cups)
4 (6 to 8 ounce) boneless chicken breasts
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil - divided use
1 medium yellow onion, diced (about 1 1/4 cups)
1/2 cup white wine
1 (14-ounce) jar prepared marinara sauce
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Cook chicken until brown on both sides and center is no longer pink, about 10 minutes; transfer to a platter and cover to keep warm.
- To the skillet, add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add mushrooms and onions; cook and stir until tender and lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in wine and marinara sauce. Cook uncovered, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken. Garnish with chopped Italian (flat-leaf) parsley, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Mushroom Council.