Tender strips of chicken, colorful vegetables enrobed in a creamy sauce with Parmesan cheese tossed with linguine, or your favorite style pasta, makes for a hearty and delicious meal.
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
3/4 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk or heavy cream
1 tablespoon cornstarch
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped - divided use
1/4 cup BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast meat, cut into bite-size strips
1 medium carrot, cut into thin bite-size strips
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
1 (9-ounce) package BUITONI Refrigerated Linguine, cooked according to package directions
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in chicken broth, cornstarch, evaporated milk and 1 clove chopped garlic. Cook over medium-high heat, whisking frequently, until cornstarch is dissolved and mixture comes to a gentle boil. Cook for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Stir in cheese until melted. Remove from heat.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and remaining 2 cloves chopped garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add carrot and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until carrot is crisp-tender.
- Stir in zucchini; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Add sauce to skillet; stir to coat. Toss with hot pasta.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® & Meals.com, used with permission.