Chicken Ranch Casserole
Quick, easy and tasty, this is a great recipe for a busy weeknight or a casual weekend.
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced
1 tablespoon vegetable oil or butter
1 (16-ounce) package extra wide egg noodles
1 (16-ounce) bottle your favorite ranch dressing (2 cups)
1 (16-ounce) package frozen broccoli
1/2 cup milk
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or 1 (8-ounce) package shredded pizza-blend cheese - divided use
1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of broccoli soup
- Season sliced chicken breast with salt and pepper. Heat oil (or butter) in a sauté pan and cook chicken until done.
- Meanwhile, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil; add noodles. Cook 5 minutes; drain.
- In a bowl, combine sliced chicken, broccoli, soup, ranch dressing and milk. Add noodles and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Pour into a greased 3-quart casserole dish and top with remaining 1 1/2 cups cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F (205°C) until casserole is bubbling and cheese is melted.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided by T. Marzetti Company courtesy of The Association For Dressings and Sauces.