Chicken with Tomato Sauce and Polenta
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council.
4 to 6 chicken breasts, bone-in or boneless, skinless or skin on
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
Half of a (14-ounce) package frozen sliced sweet peppers
1/2 cup black olives, pitted and chopped
1/2 cup water
1 (16-ounce) tube prepared polenta
- In a large deep skillet over high heat, warm olive oil. Add the chicken and sauté for 5 minutes; turn and sauté 5 more minutes until very brown.
- Stir into same skillet the spaghetti sauce, sweet peppers, olives and water. Bring to a simmer; reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook 15 to 18 minutes, until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
- While the chicken is cooking, slice the polenta into 1/2-inch thick rounds.
- Warm a large, non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Place the polenta slices on the skillet or griddle; cook 7 minutes on each side.
- To Serve: Place the polenta slices on serving dish. Top with chicken; spoon sauce on top.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.