Here's a bowl of white chili—made with chicken breast—that has just the right bite to delight!
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried cilantro
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves, cubed
1 medium onion, chopped
6 garlic cloves, finely minced
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 (7-ounce) can chopped green chiles
1 (15-ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
3 green onions, sliced for accompaniment
1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese for accompaniment
- In small bowl combine cumin, oregano, cilantro and cayenne. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large cooking pot over medium-high heat; add chicken and sauté until golden, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic; sauté until onion has softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add spice mixture and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in chicken broth and green chiles. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in beans and simmer for about 5 more minutes.
- Ladle chili into bowls and top with cheese and green onions.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.