This terrific recipe for Citrus-Mint Chicken was submitted by Edith Johnson of Wilmington, Delaware.
2 whole chicken breasts, halved, skinless and boneless
1 lemon, juiced; peel
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon lemon pepper
1/8 cup vegetable oil
1/8 cup butter or margarine
1/4 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon
1/4 cup hot water
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup white wine Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
Fresh mint sprigs for garnish (optional)
- In medium bowl, place chicken; pour lemon juice over chicken, turning to coat.
- In plastic bag, mix flour and lemon pepper; add chicken, one piece at a time, shaking to coat.
- In skillet, place oil and butter and heat until butter melts; add chicken and cook over medium heat about 10 minutes or until chicken is brown on both sides. Remove chicken from skillet and place in casserole dish.
- In same skillet, mix together bouillon, water, orange juice and White Wine Worcestershire sauce with pan drippings; pour over chicken. Sprinkle brown sugar, mint and lemon peel over chicken.
- Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven for 45 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease. Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.