Crunchy Coriander Chicken
Recipe courtesy of the Flour Advisory Bureau.
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
2 teaspoons ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
4 chicken breasts, skinned and cut into large chunks
5 tablespoons butter
3 thick slices white bread, cut into cubes
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
5 ounces sour cream
5 ounces water
4 spring onions, chopped
3 teaspoons peanut butter
4 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Toss chicken in the spices. Melt half the butter in a deep frying pan and fry chicken until lightly browned. Remove from the pan and add the remaining butter.
- Add bread cubes and toss in spicy butter until well coated, spread on a baking sheet and bake for about 8 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Return chicken to the pan with flour and stir well. Add cream, water, spring onions, 2 strips of pared rind from the lemon, the lemon juice, peanut butter and fresh coriander. Season with freshly ground black pepper and stir well.
- Cook for 30 minutes adjusting consistency if necessary. Place in a warm serving dish and sprinkle over the spicy cubes.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 424; Total Fat: 25g; Saturated Fat: 14g; Total Carbs: 26g; Fiber: 1g; Sugar: 4g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Flour Advisory Bureau.