Curried Chicken with Apricots
Flavorful baked curried chicken with orange juice-plumped apricots and golden raisins served over hot cooked rice.
6 ounces dried apricots, cut in half
1/4 cup golden raisins
1 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon butter, melted
2 tablespoons minced onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 bay leaf, broken
6 chicken breast halves, skinned
1/4 cup milk
Hot cooked rice for accompaniment
- In small bowl, place apricots and raisins. Add orange juice and let sit 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In small bowl, combine butter, onion, garlic, curry powder, cinnamon, chili powder, salt, ginger and bay leaf; stir to mix well.
- In greased 2-quart shallow baking dish, arrange chicken in single layer. Spread spice mixture evenly over chicken.
- With slotted spoon, remove apricots and raisins from orange juice and arrange in dish with chicken.
- To orange juice, add milk; pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake in 350°F (175°C) oven about 1 hour, removing cover after 45 minutes and bake uncovered for final 15 minutes.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.