Dijon Mustard Chicken
Chicken is quick-braised until tender in a spicy Dijon mustard sauce.
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon Tabasco brand hot sauce
1 (3 1/2-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
1/2 cup chopped onions
6 garlic cloves, finely minced
Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Combine first 4 ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter with oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet and sprinkle with the dried thyme. Cook until chicken is golden brown, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in onions and cook until slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Add garlic, cook and stir for addition 30 seconds. Pour mustard mixture over chicken. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer chicken to serving platter. Keep warm.
- Boil liquid in skillet until reduced to sauce consistency, stirring occasionally, 3 or 4 minutes. Pour sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.