Enchilada con Queso
These cheesy chicken enchiladas are filled with pepper Jack cheese, tomato slices, grated zucchini and olives, and topped with a generous amount of Colby cheese.
1 cup prepared mild enchilada sauce
12 corn tortillas (6-inch diameter each)
12 slices tomato, thinly sliced
3 cups (12 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
1 cup cooked, shredded chicken
1 cup grated zucchini
1/2 cup sliced black olives, drained
3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
Suggested Toppings: sour cream, guacamole
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Dip or brush each tortilla to coat well on both sides with the enchilada sauce. Place a tomato slice on each tortilla.
- Mix the pepper Jack cheese with the chicken, zucchini, and olives.
- Place a 2-ounce scoop onto each tortilla. Roll up the tortillas and place, seam side down, on a sheet pan lined with silicone or well greased. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of Colby cheese over each enchilada.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cheese melts and the filling is hot.
- Serve topped with dollops of sour cream and/or guacamole, if desired.
Makes 6 (2 enchilada) servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.