Far East Chicken Fettuccine
This terrific recipe for Far East Chicken Fettuccine was submitted by Margi Mulkey of Boise, Idaho.
6 chicken thighs
1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut in lengthwise strips
1 (12-ounce) package fettuccine, cooked according to package instructions
1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
3 tablespoons butter - divided use
4 tablespoons cooking oil - divided use
2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
1 teaspoon minced gingerroot
2 garlic cloves, minced
6 cups coarsely chopped bok choy
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2/3 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped green onion, using white part and some of green tops
1 tablespoon honey
- Prepare fettuccine according to package directions.
- In large skillet, place 1 tablespoon of the butter and 1 tablespoon of the oil and heat over medium temperature. Add chicken and cook, turning once, about 11 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- In same skillet, place remaining butter and remaining oil and heat over high temperature. Add gingerroot, garlic, bok choy, green onion, red bell pepper and broccoli. Cook, stirring, about 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, salt, cayenne pepper and honey. Cook, stirring carefully, an additional 2 minutes.
- To serve, arrange fettuccine over bottom of platter and spoon vegetable mixture on top, leaving several inches of pasta showing. Place chicken thighs in a row on top of vegetables.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.