Grilled Lemon-Honey Chicken Breasts
Grilled chicken breasts marinated and basted in a simple, yet tantalizing lemon, honey and soy marinade.
6 (approximately 4-ounces each) skinless boneless chicken breast halves
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons soy sauce
Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place chicken breasts in shallow glass dish or a large zipper-style plastic bag.
- Mix onion, lemon juice, oil, honey and soy sauce in a 2-cup glass measure or small bowl.
- Pour 1/2 cup marinade over chicken; turn to coat. Cover dish (or seal bag) and marinate for 1 hour at room temperature or refrigerate up to 4 hours, turning chicken over occasionally.
- Pour remaining marinade into small saucepan. Boil until slightly reduced and thickened, about 2 minutes; reserve for glaze.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Brush grill rack with oil.
- Remove chicken from marinade, drain well. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken until cooked through, brushing occasionally with reserved marinade glaze, about 8 minutes per side.
- Transfer to serving platter and serve.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): 235.4 calories; 32% calories from fat; 8.4g total fat; 65.8mg cholesterol; 274.9mg sodium; 360.0mg potassium; 13.0g carbohydrates; 0.4g fiber; 10.1g sugar; 12.5g net carbs; 26.8g protein.