Grilled Chicken Breasts with Spicy Bolivian Sauce
This grilled chicken dish features a lime-marinade and a delicious savory sauce. Spicy flavor from hot yellow pepper paste is tempered slightly with tangy fresh goat cheese. Peanuts and a bit of cooked quinoa create a lovely texture. This easy recipe is ideal for entertaining.
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
Juice of 2 limes
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
Spicy Quinoa Sauce:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 to 2 tablespoons hot yellow pepper paste or purée (aji amarillo) or habanero hot sauce to taste
1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
1/2 cup cooked quinoa
1/4 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
1 (3.5-ounce) package goat cheese or 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- For Chicken: Arrange chicken in 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Drizzle with lime juice. Season with salt and black pepper. Drizzle with tablespoon of olive oil. Marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Grill or broil chicken for about 6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink in center.
- For Spicy Quinoa Sauce: Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and pepper paste. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft. Remove from heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Place milk, quinoa, peanuts and onion mixture in blender or food processor; cover. Blend until smooth. Add the cheese; pulse a few times to blend. Return sauce to skillet. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes or until creamy and heated through. Season with salt and pepper. (Makes about 2 cups)
- To serve, arrange chicken breasts on platter. Pour sauce over chicken.
Makes 6 servings.
Tip: The sauce may be prepared a day ahead and refrigerated for make-ahead convenience. Simply reheat it before serving, thinning it with a bit more evaporated milk as needed.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 370 Calories from Fat: 170 Total Fat: 19 g Saturated Fat: 7 g Cholesterol: 95 mg Sodium: 490 mg Carbohydrates: 11 g Dietary Fiber: 1 g Sugars: 5 g Protein: 36 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.