Heavenly Chicken Lasagna
One bite of this creamy chicken, mushroom and spinach lasagna and you'll think you've died and gone to Heaven!
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 small onion
1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 (10-ounce) container refrigerated Alfredo sauce
1 (7-ounce) jar diced pimiento, undrained
1 (6-ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
1/3 cup dry white wine
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 cup cottage cheese
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 large egg, lightly beaten
9 lasagna noodles, cooked
2 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese - divided use
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in soup and next 5 ingredients. Reserve 1 cup sauce.
- Drain spinach well, pressing between layers of paper towels.
- Stir together spinach, cottage cheese, and next 3 ingredients.
- Place 3 lasagna noodles in a lightly greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Layer with half each of sauce, spinach mixture, and chicken. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheddar cheese. Repeat procedure. Top with remaining 3 noodles and reserved 1 cup sauce. Cover and chill up to 1 day ahead.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheddar cheese, and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.