Herb Chicken with Tortellini
Make a weeknight dinner special with this easy chicken and pasta dish submitted by Carolyn Popwell of Lacy, Washington.
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 broiler-fryer chicken breast halves, skinned, boned and cut in 2-inch strips
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 small red pepper, cut in strips
1/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts
1 (9-ounce) package fresh spinach tortellini, prepared according to package instructions
Fresh basil leaves for garnish (optional)
- In small bowl, mix together sour cream, basil, oregano, salt and cayenne pepper; set aside.
- In skillet, place oil and heat to medium-high temperature. Add chicken and sauté about 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and red pepper strips. Sauté, stirring, 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low temperature. Stir in sour cream mixture and heat thoroughly, about 2 minutes.
- Place cooked tortellini on serving dish and top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with walnuts and garnish with fresh basil leaves, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.