Herbed 'N Spiced Chicken
In this Eastern-style 'oven-fried' chicken, the chicken is coated in a curry yogurt mixture and then rolled in crushed herb-seasoned stuffing mix and baked.
1/2 cup nonfat yogurt
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1 cup herb-seasoned stuffing mix
8 broiler-fryer chicken parts
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Mix together yogurt and curry powder.
- Pour dry stuffing mix into blender or food processor and process until crumbs form.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, brush with yogurt mix and roll in stuffing crumbs. Place chicken in single layer, skin side up, in baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F (175°C) oven for about 55 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease (not necessary to turn). Serve hot or place in refrigerator to chill.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.