Honey-Glazed Rosemary Chicken
Chicken breasts, each topped with a sprig of fresh rosemary, are baked with new potatoes in a sweet and savory honey-rosemary glaze.
12 small new red potatoes, unpeeled, halved
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 cup mild honey
1/8 cup hot water
8 sprigs fresh rosemary - divided use
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon fresh grated orange peel
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon coarse white pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
Tomato wedges for garnish (optional)
- In saucepan with steam basket and small amount of water, place potatoes and steam over medium temperature about 10 minutes or until slightly tender; drain.
- In shallow broiler-proof baking pan, place chicken and arrange potatoes around chicken.
- In jar with lid, place honey, water, 4 sprigs of the rosemary cut into pieces, olive oil, orange peel, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Cover and shake vigorously; pour evenly over chicken and potatoes.
- Place 1 sprig of rosemary on each chicken breast, cover and bake in 375°F (190°C) oven about 30 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease and potatoes are tender.
- Spoon hot honey glaze over chicken and potatoes and place under broiler about 2 minutes to brown.
- Garnish with tomato wedges.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.