Kung Pao Chicken Stir-Fry
In this version of Kung Pao, marinated strips of chicken breast are stir-fried with sliced romaine lettuce and roasted peanuts, seasoned with a ready-to-use teriyaki marinade and cayenne pepper.
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
2 tablespoons cornstarch - divided use
3 tablespoons Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce - divided use
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
4 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
3/4 pound romaine lettuce, separated, washed and drained
2 tablespoons vegetable oil - divided use
1/3 cup roasted, salted peanuts
- Combine chicken, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce, and pepper; let stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining cornstarch and teriyaki sauce, vinegar and 3/4 cup water.
- Cut lettuce crosswise into 2-inch strips.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in wok or large skillet over high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry 2 minutes; remove.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan. Add lettuce; stir-fry 1 minute. Stir in chicken and sauce mixture. Cook, stirring, until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat; stir in peanuts. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.