Lime-Ginger Glazed Chicken with Fennel Relish
This terrific recipe for Lime-Ginger Glazed Chicken with Fennel Relish was submitted by Scott Lester of Newark, Delaware.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup lime juice
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon grated ginger
1 teaspoon grated lime peel
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Fennel Relish (recipe follows)
- In shallow glass dish, mix together lime juice, honey, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, lime peel and crushed red pepper. Add chicken, turning to coat evenly; marinate 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade and reserve marinade. Pat chicken dry.
- In large skillet, place oil over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook about 4 minutes per side. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In small saucepan, place reserved marinade and cook over medium heat until reduced to a glaze.
- To serve, arrange chicken and Fennel Relish on platter. Spoon glaze over chicken and garnish with lime slices and tops of fennel.
Makes 4 servings.
Fennel Relish: In medium bowl, mix together 1 small fennel bulb (white part only) julienned; 1 cup chopped radicchio; 1/2 cup chopped green onions; and 1/2 cup sliced black olives. In small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup olive oil; 2 tablespoons wine vinegar; 1/2 teaspoon salt; and 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper. Pour over fennel and toss to coat well.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.