Mediterranean Chicken and Grape Skewers
Recipe courtesy of California Table Grape Commission.
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
1 3/4 cups California green grapes
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In small bowl combine 1/4 cup olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, oregano, rosemary and lemon zest. Whisk together marinade.
- Cut chicken into 3/4-inch cubes. Alternate chicken and grapes and thread onto 12-inch skewers. Place skewers into a baking dish or pan large enough to hold them. Pour marinade over skewers, coating each one. Marinate for 4 to 24 hours.
- Remove skewers from marinade, and let excess marinade drip off. Season with salt.
- Grill on barbecue until chicken is cooked through, about 3 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Arrange on serving platter and drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 279; Total Fat: 15g; Cholesterol: 66mg; Total Carbs: 9g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 27g; Sodium: 75mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Table Grape Commission.