Mini Fusilli with Creamy Spinach and Chicken
This pleasing entrée combines mini-fusilli with tender, sautéed morsels of chicken breast and baby spinach in a simple Parmesan and cream pan sauce.
1 (16-ounce) box Barilla Piccolini Mini Fusilli
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
1 (6-ounce) bag baby spinach, cut in strips
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium skillet, sauté onion in olive oil over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high, add chicken, season with salt and pepper.
- After 3 minutes add spinach and cream, simmer 5 additional minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta and toss with the sauce.
- Stir in cheese before serving.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Barilla America.