Molasses and Honey Marinated Chicken Breasts
This delicious recipe was developed by Chef Sarah Stegner, Ritz-Carlton, Chicago, IL.
4 large boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
3/4 cup whiskey
2 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
2 tablespoons molasses
2 tablespoons honey
1 lime, juiced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup butter
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- In small saucepan, place whiskey; boil over medium heat about 5 minutes, reducing liquid by half (all alcohol will evaporate). Remove from heat and add mustard, molasses, honey and lime juice. Stir to mix well; remove half of mixture and reserve.
- In remaining half, place chicken and marinate in refrigerator at least l hour or overnight.
- In large skillet, place oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, turning once, about 10 minutes or until fork can be inserted with ease. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- To skillet, add chicken stock and cook to reduce by two-thirds. Add reserved marinade and butter; simmer, stirring, until butter melts. Pour over chicken.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.