Moroccan-Spiced Chicken & Rice Bake
This variation of a chicken and rice dish combines common ingredients into a delicious meal with a touch of the exotic. Brown rice adds whole grain goodness.
6 cups cooked long or medium grain brown or white rice
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons ground paprika
6 chicken thighs, skin removed
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 (12-ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
1 (14.5-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
2/3 cup raisins
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup toasted, slivered almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven 375ºF (190ºC). Grease 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Combine cumin, salt, black pepper and paprika in small bowl; sprinkle 2 teaspoons spice blend on both sides of chicken thighs.
- Heat olive oil and garlic in large skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken in skillet; cook for 4 minutes per side or until browned.
- Meanwhile, combine cooked rice, evaporated milk, tomatoes, raisins, lemon juice and remaining spice blend in large bowl. Pour rice mixture into prepared baking dish. Place chicken thighs on top of rice mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Sprinkle with almonds before serving.
Makes 6 serving.
Tip: Boneless chicken thighs can also be used. Reduce bake time by 10 to 15 minutes.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.