Mozzarella Parmesan Chicken
This easy, saucy baked chicken dish, topped with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, makes a great weeknight entrée. Serve with rice.
6 to 8 chicken breasts halves
1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed celery soup
1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed mushroom soup
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
8 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place chicken breasts in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish, in a single layer.
- Combine the soups, water, onion, garlic and oregano and mix well.
- Pour soup mixture over chicken, cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil cover and top with mozzarella cheese slices and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Return to oven and bake, uncovered, for an additional 15 to 20 minutes more or until bubbly and golden brown.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.