Orange Brandy Chicken
An elegant, yet easy entrée. Chicken breasts are sautéed in butter and quick-braised in a sauce made with orange juice concentrate, chicken broth and brandy.
4 boneless chicken breast halves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried
2 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
1/3 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons brandy
Orange slices for garnish (optional)
- Season chicken with rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken to skillet and sauté until brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Add orange juice concentrate, chicken broth and brandy; simmer until chicken is just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to plate; keep warm.
- Reduce pan juices until thickened to sauce consistency, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Spoon sauce over chicken. Garnish with orange slices, if desired, and serve.
Makes 4 servings.