Orange Pineapple Chicken Stir-Fry
A savory, orange and pineapple chicken stir-fry with onion and snow peas.
Nonstick cooking spray
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut in thin slices
1 clove garlic, minced
1 medium onion, sliced in rings
1 (6-ounce) package frozen snow pea pods
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 (14-ounce) can pineapple tidbits in own juice, drained
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup chicken broth - divided use
1 (11-ounce) can mandarin orange slices, drained
- Preheat heavy skillet about 3 minutes on medium high temperature; spray with nonstick cooking spray. Add chicken breast strips and minced garlic and stir fry about 3 minutes.
- Increase temperature to high and add onion and snow pea pods, stir frying about 3 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, ginger and pineapple, continuing to stir fry about 3 minutes more.
- In small bowl, mix cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of the chicken broth, stirring until smooth. Slowly stir in remaining broth and then add to mixture in skillet, stirring gently to mix evenly.
- Add mandarin oranges and heat only until hot through, about 2 minutes, stirring gently to keep orange sections from breaking.
- Serve over rice or with Oriental noodles.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.