Oven Pecan Fried Chicken
Recipe courtesy of Georgia Pecan Commission.
4 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 pounds)
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup prepared mustard of your choice
1 1/2 cups finely chopped Georgia pecans
Seasoning salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry. Cut into serving-size pieces.
- Combine buttermilk and mustard in a bowl. Add chicken pieces and turn to coat well. Let marinate for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place pecans on a plate or shallow bowl.
- Remove chicken pieces from buttermilk mixture and shake off excess. Dredge on all sides in pecans and place pieces on baking sheet. Season with seasoning salt and pepper.
- Bake about 30 minutes, or until browned and chicken tests done.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Georgia Pecan Commission.