Pan-Seared Chicken Scapece
This terrific recipe for Pan-Seared Chicken Scarpece was submitted by Susan Miller of Wilton, Connecticut.
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup white wine
1 lemon, halved
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil - divided use
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
6 medium cloves garlic, coarsely chopped - divided use
2 small red chiles, seeded, chopped - divided use
2 tablespoons fresh tarragon
- In small dish, place raisins; add wine and let soak.
- Rub lemon over chicken, squeezing to release juice.
- In small dish, mix together pepper, coriander and salt; rub onto chicken.
- In large nonstick skillet over high heat, place 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add chicken and sear on both sides; remove from pan and keep warm.
- To skillet, add vinegar, chicken broth, 1/2 of the chopped garlic, 1/2 of the chiles and raisins with wine. Boil 1 minute, return chicken to pan, lower heat, cover and continue to cook about 12 minutes more, or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease. Remove chicken to serving dish.
- To skillet, add remaining 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, remaining garlic and remaining chiles; pour over chicken. Garnish with tarragon.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.