Pan Grilled Spicy Thai Chicken
This terrific recipe for Pan Grilled Spicy Thai Chicken was submitted by Harley Freiberger of Charleston, South Carolina.
4 broiler-fryer chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup white wine
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cilantro
1 tablespoon finely chopped medium hot red chile peppers
1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
1 tablespoon corn oil
2 tablespoons freshly grated coconut
1 lime, cut in slices for garnish (optional)
Cilantro sprigs for garnish (optional)
Red chile peppers for garnish (optional)
- In glass dish, place chicken and sprinkle with garlic powder; set aside.
- In saucepan, make marinade by mixing together water, vinegar, wine and sugar. Heat gently, stirring, over low temperature, about 3 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and add cilantro and red chili pepper.
- Pour 1/4 cup of marinade over chicken. Marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of remaining marinade for dipping sauce.
- Remove chicken from marinade and sprinkle grated lime peel evenly over both sides.
- In skillet, place oil and heat to medium high temperature. Add chicken and cook, turning, about 6 minutes or until brown on both sides.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup marinade and cook about 3 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- To serve, place chicken on platter and sprinkle with grated coconut. Garnish with lime slices, cilantro and red chile pepper, if desired. Serve reserved 1/2 cup of marinade in separate bowl for dipping.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.