Quick Chicken and Artichoke Casserole
Chunks of poached chicken breast are baked with artichoke hearts, water chestnuts, pimento, onion, mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese, topped with seasoned bread crumbs.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
1 (2-ounce) can pimento, diced
1 (13.75-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained, quartered
1/3 cup minced onion
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup dry seasoned bread crumbs
- In medium saucepan, place chicken and cover with cold water. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer about 7 minutes. Turn off heat, remove cover and let chicken cool in water for 10 minutes.
- In large bowl, place water chestnuts, pimento, artichoke hearts, onion, mayonnaise and pepper; stir gently to mix well.
- In small bowl, stir together Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Stir half of crumb mixture into artichoke mixture.
- Chop chicken and stir into artichoke mixture; spoon into 1 1/2 quart casserole and sprinkle with remaining bread crumbs.
- Place in 400°F (205°C) oven and bake about 35 minutes, until brown and heated through.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.