Raspberry Chicken Cutlets Supreme
This terrific recipe for Raspberry Chicken Cutlets Supreme was submitted by Charlotte Altenbernd of Lawrence, Kansas.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Vermouth - divided use
1 1/4 teaspoons dried basil leaves
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
3 1/2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup chicken broth
4 1/2 tablespoons seedless red raspberry preserves
2 kiwis, peeled, cut in slices - divided use
Red raspberries for garnish (optional)
Basil sprigs for garnish (optional)
- Cut each chicken breast horizontally into 2 cutlets. Place chicken between sheets of wax paper and gently pound to uniform thickness.
- In shallow dish, mix 1/4 cup of the Vermouth and lemon juice. Add chicken, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade, drain and pat dry.
- In large skillet, place butter and melt over medium heat. Add chicken and cook about 3 minutes on each side or until fork can be inserted with ease. Remove chicken to heated platter.
- To same skillet, over medium heat, add chicken broth, stirring to deglaze skillet. Reduce broth to one-half.
- In small bowl, mix together preserves, mustard and basil; add to skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and boil, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and stir in remaining 1 tablespoon Vermouth.
- Drain any juices from chicken on platter. Spoon some of the sauce over chicken and place a slice of kiwi on top of each cutlet. Garnish with remaining slices of kiwi, red raspberries and basil sprigs, if desired. Serve remaining sauce on the side.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.