Roast Chicken with Pineapple-Mustard Glaze
Garlic, parsley and thyme-seasoned whole roasted chicken served with a sweet and savory pineapple and Dijon mustard sauce.
2 (2 1/2 to 3-pound) broiler-fryers, quartered
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
4 large garlic cloves, sliced
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
1 teaspoon dried whole thyme
1 (20-ounce) can sweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon cornstarch
Hot cooked rice
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and place, skin-side up, on a rack in a roasting pan. Place garlic slices under skin of chicken.
- Combine butter, parsley and thyme; brush over chicken. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 45 minutes.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Combine 1/4 cup pineapple juice, honey and mustard. Brush over chicken and bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch, remaining honey mixture, pineapple chunks, and remaining juice in a heavy saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Serve chicken and sauce over cooked rice.
Makes 8 servings.