This terrific recipe for Roman Chicken was submitted by Penny Nichols of Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
1 (10-ounce) package frozen spinach leaves
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons golden raisins
2 tablespoons pine nuts
6 ounces mozzarella cheese (from ball, not shredded)
1 cup orzo pasta, cooked according to package directions
6 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In gallon size plastic lock bag, place chicken and Italian dressing; marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes.
- Cook spinach according to package directions; drain well.
- Remove chicken from marinade and drain.
- In large skillet, place olive oil and garlic over medium high heat. Add chicken and sauté about 5 minutes or until lightly browned on both sides.
- Pour chicken broth into 8x8 baking dish and add chicken with garlic. Spread spinach around chicken; sprinkle with raisins and pine nuts. Top each chicken breast half with 1 ounce mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, in 350°F (175°C) oven for about 20 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
- Remove to serving platter; arrange orzo around chicken and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.