Sage Chicken Livers with Pasta
Sautéed chicken livers simmered in a sage white wine sauce and served on a bed pasta.
1 1/2 pounds chicken livers
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
1 teaspoon dried sage
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/3 cup dry white wine
Hot cooked pasta for accompaniment
- Wash chicken livers in cold water; dry well.
- In skillet, place oil over medium-high heat. When hot, add livers and sauté until brown.
- Add onions and continue cooking until onions are transparent.
- Add sage, salt and pepper; stir gently.
- Add wine, reduce heat to low and cook 1 minute.
- Serve on bed of your favorite pasta.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.