Smoky Chicken Breast Fillets and Apples
Chicken breast fillets are rubbed with liquid smoke, seasoned with aromatic spices and sautéed in clarified butter with sliced apples.
6 broiler-fryer chicken skinless, boneless breast fillets
1 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke - divided use
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon mace
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 tablespoons clarified butter
3 cooking apples, peeled, sliced
- Rub each chicken breast fillet with 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke.
- In small bowl, mix together poultry seasoning, salt, mace, nutmeg, dry mustard and pepper; sprinkle on both sides of chicken and let sit about 5 minutes.*
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium temperature, pour clarified butter and heat about 2 minutes. Add seasoned chicken fillets and cook about 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken and add apples, arranging so they touch bottom and sides of pan and lie on top of chicken; cook 5 minutes more.
- Rearrange so that chicken is on top of apples; cook about 4 minutes more or until chicken and apples are tender.
Makes 6 servings.
*Chicken may be seasoned and refrigerated for later cooking, if desired.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.