Spice Rubbed Chicken with Apricot Glaze
This terrific recipe for Spice Rubbed Chicken with Apricot Glaze was submitted by Edith Shulman of Sedona, Arizona.
1/4 cup apricot all fruit spread
1 tablespoon pineapple orange juice concentrate, thawed
2 1/4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
4 drops hot pepper sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic pepper
2 teaspoons ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoons finely chopped blanched almonds, toasted
Orange Salsa (recipe follows)
- In small microwave safe bowl, place apricot fruit spread, juice concentrate and lime juice. Heat on High about 20 seconds; stir until well blended. Stir in pepper sauce; set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together garlic pepper, coriander, pie spice and cumin.
- Flatten chicken with palm of hand and rub spice mixture over each piece.
- In large skillet, place oil over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook about 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook 6 minutes more or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
- Remove chicken to serving dish and spread apricot glaze diagonally over each piece. Sprinkle with almonds and serve with Orange Salsa.
Makes 4 servings.
Orange Salsa: In medium bowl, mix together 2 navel oranges (peeled and coarsely chopped); 3 green onions (thinly sliced, green included); 4 small radishes (cut in half lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise); 2 teaspoons pineapple orange juice concentrate, thawed; 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice; and 1/8 teaspoon garlic pepper. Stir well.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.