Spicy Basil Chicken
This terrific recipe for Spicy Basil Chicken was submitted by Adam Steiner of Waltham, Massachusetts.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
5 large cloves garlic, crushed
6 green onions, chopped
1 small yellow onion, chopped
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 Italian pepper, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 teaspoon chili oil
1/2 cup mild Mexican salsa
1 cup fresh basil leaves
- Cut chicken into large bite-size pieces.
- In large skillet over medium-low heat, place olive oil. Add garlic and cook about 2 minutes.
- Add green onions, onion and soy sauce; stir-fry about 2 minutes more.
- Add Italian pepper, red pepper and chili oil. Cook about 2 minutes more until peppers are tender-crisp.
- Add chicken and salsa and continue cooking until chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, stir in basil and cook about 30 seconds, or until basil wilts slightly.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.