Spicy Chicken Tortilla Casserole
Spicy chicken with sautéed vegetables and salsa gets layered between flour tortillas for a South-of-the-Border casserole, sometimes called chilaquiles.
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup chopped green bell pepper
1 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 (24-ounce) jar ORTEGA Salsa - Thick & Chunky
1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced ripe olives
6 corn tortillas, cut into halves - divided use
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack* cheese - divided use
1 cup sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
- Heat vegetable oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add chicken; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in salsa and olives.
- Place half of tortillas onto bottom of 9-inch-square baking dish. Top with half of chicken mixture and 1 cup cheese; repeat layers. Cover.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream.
Makes 4 servings.
*Cheddar cheese can be substituted for Monterey Jack cheese.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.