Sunshine Chicken Crunchsticks
This terrific recipe for Sunshine Chicken Crunchsticks was submitted by Nancy Labrie of Rye, New Hampshire.
1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
1 cup dry roasted, sunflower seeds, finely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 large egg, beaten
14 chicken drumsticks
2 tablespoons butter, melted
Parsley sprigs for garnish (optional)
Red pepper strips for garnish (optional)
Spicy Mustard Yogurt Sauce (recipe follows)
- In medium bowl, mix together bread crumbs, sunflower seeds, salt, paprika, cayenne pepper, white pepper and black pepper.
- In shallow dish, place beaten egg. Dip chicken, one piece at a time, first in egg and then roll in breadcrumb mixture to coat.
- Place chicken in baking pan and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake in a preheated 375°F (190°C) oven 25 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease.
- Garnish with red pepper strips and parsley, if desired. Serve Spicy Mustard Yogurt Sauce in separate bowl.
Makes 4 servings.
Spicy Mustard Yogurt Sauce: In small bowl, mix 1 cup plain yogurt and 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.