Seasoned and breaded chicken pieces are sautéed in olive oil, then braised in tarragon vinegar.
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
4 broiler-fryer chicken leg-thigh combinations
3 tablespoons olive oil
- On piece of wax paper, mix together flour, salt, tarragon and pepper.
- Place vinegar in a shallow dish.
- Roll each piece of chicken in vinegar, then dust lightly with flour mixture.
- In large non-stick skillet, place olive oil and heat over medium high temperature. Add chicken and cook, turning, about 10 minutes or until brown on all sides.
- Pour any remaining vinegar over chicken. Reduce heat to medium low and continue to cook, turning, until chicken is done (about 20 minutes) and fork can be inserted with ease.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the National Chicken Council. Used with permission.