3 o'clock California Raisin Oatmeal Cookies
Recipe courtesy of California Raisin Marketing Board.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups rolled (old-fashioned) oats
1 1/4 cups California raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper; set aside.
- In small bowl, whisk flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon together to mix well; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars together until smooth; add egg, applesauce and vanilla extract, beating well after each addition. Stir in dry ingredients, a little at a time, beating after each addition. Then, mix in oats and raisins, just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls, about 2-inch apart, onto prepared baking sheet and flatten with wet or floured fingers.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 10 to 14 minutes just until lightly browned. Do not over bake.
- Remove to wire rack and cool completely. Store in airtight container.
Makes 24 cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/24 of recipe): Calories: 110; Total Fat: 2g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 10mg; Total Carbs: 21g; Fiber: 1g; Sugar: 13g; Protein: 2g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Raisin Marketing Board.