Nothing calls the family to the kitchen like the aroma of fresh baked apple cookies. Serve these delightful treats with a hot mug of coffee or a cold glass of milk, and your family will beg for more.
1 (12-ounce) package frozen escalloped apples, defrosted according to package directions
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup vegetable shortening
2/3 cup butter
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Mix granulated sugar, brown sugar, shortening, butter, eggs, and vanilla extract in large bowl.
- Stir in flour, escalloped apples, salt and nuts.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool for 1 minute. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 7 dozen.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.