Best Oatmeal Cookies
A terrific, crispy oatmeal raisin cookies.
3/4 cup butter or margarine
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 large egg whites, beaten
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cups quick cooking oatmeal
1 cup raisins
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup granulated sugar
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter, 1 cup sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add beaten egg whites.
- In a medium size bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg; add to the sugar mixture. Mix well. Stir in quick cooking oatmeal(uncooked), raisins, and vanilla. Chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Roll by teaspoonful into a ball and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Grease the bottom of a glass with margarine, dip the glass in 1/4 cup sugar, and press down on the dough.
- Bake for 10 minutes; cool on racks.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.
Recipe is the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.