Big Soft Molasses Cookies
Big, soft and chewy molasses cookies, an old-fashioned cookie that never goes out of style.
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
3 large eggs
1/2 cup molasses
1 1/2 cups raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease baking sheets.
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice and ginger; set aside.
- With electric mixer, cream together the sugar, shortening, eggs and molasses. Stir in the flour mixture until just mixed. Add the raisins and stir to combine.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool. Store in tightly sealed container.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.