Lemon-scented drop cookies studded with fresh blueberries and chopped pecans.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup vegetable shortening
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1/3 cup milk
1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries
3 tablespoons chopped pecans
2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer at medium speed, cream the shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and blend well. Add flour mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture until just blended. Gently fold in blueberries, pecans and lemon rind until blended.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls about 2-inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 3 1/2 dozen cookies.