Maraschino cherries individually wrapped in a sugary cookie coating.
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup maraschino cherries, drained
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Beat sugar, butter and vanilla until light and fluffy in a large bowl.
- Stir in flour and salt; mix well.
- Wrap about 1 tablespoon of dough around a maraschino cherry.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet; bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack; let cool.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.