Chewy Cherry Chocolate Cookies
This cookie recipe brings two great tastes together—bits of sweet black cherries are surrounded by a chewy chocolate cookie. A hint of black pepper adds an extra kick of flavor. Perfect for any occasion when you'd like to add a special flair and something your guests will love to talk about.
2 1/2 cups* (16 ounces total) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks - divided use
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (6-ounce) package dried cherries, chopped
- Microwave 1 1/2 cups chunks in uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Chunks may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10 - 15 second intervals, stirring just until melted. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and black pepper in medium bowl. Beat sugar, brown sugar, sour cream and butter in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat well. Add melted chocolate; stir until blended. Gradually stir in flour mixture. Stir in dried cherries and remaining chunks. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Grease baking sheets.
- Drop dough by level 1/4 cup measure, 3 inches apart, onto prepared baking sheets. (Dough is easier to handle when well chilled.)
- Bake for 15 to 16 minutes or until edges are firm and center is set. Let stand for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 24 (2 dozen) cookies.
*1 3/4 cups (one 11.5 ounce package) plus 3/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/24 of recipe): Calories: 250 Calories from Fat: 90 Total Fat: 11 g Saturated Fat: 6 g Cholesterol: 30 mg Sodium: 160 mg Carbohydrates: 40 g Dietary Fiber: 2 g Sugars: 28 g Protein: 3 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.