Chocolate-Drizzled Cappuccino Cookies
Indulge yourself and savor slowly these cinnamon-scented, coffee-flavored cookies topped with a decorative chocolate drizzle.
4 (1-ounce) squares semisweet baking chocolate - divided use
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
1 tablespoon hot water
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Melt half the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl for about 1 minute on MEDIUM; stir until smooth.
- Cream butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar, brown sugar and egg. Continue beating until mixture is smooth. Stir in coffee (dissolved in hot water) and reserved melted chocolate; mix well. Blend in flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Shape dough into 2 logs, each about 2-inches in diameter. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets.
- Cut 1/4-inch-thick slices from logs of dough. Transfer cookies to cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are firm to touch and a light golden brown on bottom. Remove cookies to wire racks to cool.
- Melt remaining chocolate. Using a spoon, drizzle chocolate over cookies. Let chocolate harden before serving cookies.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.