Cookie Mix in a Jar
"Contents for a jar that is filled with the makings for chocolate chip cookies. It helps to pack down each layer to make fit!" Recipe submitted by Dotty B.
You will need:
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 quart-size jar with lid
Fabric for 9-inch circle
Raffia or ribbon
Card for directions
- Mix salt and baking soda with flour, then layer the ingredients into the jar. Use scissors to cut a 9 inch-diameter circle from desired fabric. Place over lid and secure with rubber band. Tie on a raffia or ribbon bow to cover rubber band.
Enclose a card with the following mixing and baking directions:
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Sift dry ingredients through a colander to separate the chocolate chips from other ingredients.
- Beat 1 cup of unsalted butter or margarine in a medium bowl. Beat sifted ingredients into butter until blended.
- In a small bowl, beat 1 egg with 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Mix beaten egg mixture into butter mixture until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls, spaced well apart, onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
Makes 2 dozen cookies.