Crispy Shortbread Cookies
Crushed corn flakes add a crispy twist to these shortbread cookies.
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups corn flakes, lightly crushed
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a mixing bowl cream margarine and shortening. Gradually add powdered sugar, vanilla and flour, beating until blended. Stir in corn flakes.
- Shape dough into a long roll about 2 inches in diameter, then roll in pecans to coat. Wrap in wax paper and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cut into 1/4-inch slices and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.